The mining and resources industries represent a significant and constantly changing employment environment that is made all the more challenging by ongoing changes to industrial relations and employment legislation.
Hillhouse Legal Partners have a comprehensive practice in industrial relations and employment law. Our lawyers are always abreast of important developments in workplace legislation, in particular interpreting the Fair Work Act to chart a well‑informed and appropriate path through what can be a highly sensitive and complex area of law.
Our industrial relations and employment specialists provide legal advice and guidance for clients, employees and employers in the mining and resources sectors including, but not limited to, the following key areas:
- Interpretation and upholding the Fair Work Act
- Preparation and/or review of employment contracts, particularly for executive personnel
- Advice regarding the rights and obligations of employers and employees
- Legal advice and recommendations for protection or defence from unlawful dismissal claims
- Drafting workplace policies and procedures for important workplace matters including:
- Equal opportunity
- Sexual Harassment
- Internet Usage
- Advice regarding employee grievances and claims of workplace bullying